Pumpkin Maple Pecan Donuts
(Keto Friendly - Low Carb - Low Sugar)
Do you ever crave a donut, but don’t want excessive sugar and empty calories? Well, this donut recipe is full of healthy (and tasty) ingredients and is the perfect fall treat to have with your daily cup of morning coffee or tea.
Deedee (@healthyeatswithdeedee) added MariGold Creamy Vanilla Whey Isolate Protein Powder to these low sugar, keto-friendly donuts for a nutrient essential amino acid protein boost.
You can enjoy the health benefits of essential amino acids for overall health and function of the body and muscles, as well as L-Glutamine for increased gut health and muscle repair and recovery.
They are yummy all by themselves, but Deedee went a step above and beyond with a maple glaze and a chopped MariGold Pecan Sandie Protein Bar for the topping.
Are you ready for the best fall donut ever?
“These donuts are so soft & moist and topped with a delicious maple glaze. I topped them with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and also a chopped up Pecan Sandie @marigoldbars bar.”
– Deedee (@healthyeatswithdeedee)
- 1 1/4 C Almond flour
- 1/4 C MariGold Creamy Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/2 TSP Baking powder
- 1/2 TSP Baking soda
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 TSP Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 C Olive or coconut oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 C Pumpkin purée
- 1/2 C Sweetener
- 3 TBSP Almond milk
- 1 TSP Vanilla extract
- Combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Blend together egg, sweetener, and pumpkin. Add in oil, almond milk, and vanilla and mix until combined. Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Bake in a greased donut pan at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- MAPLE GLAZE: Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. If it’s too thin, add a bit more powdered sweetener.
- After donuts are completely cooled, dip each donut into your glaze and let set.
- Top with chopped Pecan Sandie protein bar, pumpkin pie spice, crushed nuts, or chocolate chips!
MariGold ingredients used in this recipe:
When you bite into a Pecan Sandie… Is it the pecans, or is it the butter?
Whichever is your favorite, we didn’t skimp on either!
This bar tastes like a shortbread cookie strewn with organic pecans and full of buttery flavor. Curb your Christmas Cookie cravings with this buttery holiday snack!
MariGold Whey Isolate is derived from sweet Irish milk given from Truly Grass-Fed™ cows who spend 95% of their time roaming freely and feasting upon the delicious green grasses of the breathtaking Irish countryside.
MariGold Creamy Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate has everything you want in a protein drink, and none of the things you don’t!